Learn how to make the newest TikTok challenge Angel Milk with this tasty and creamy recipe. A perfect way to start the day, or drink on a cold winter day. Make up a delicious cup of this warm and frothy drink and pair it with a side of eggs for a tasty and nutritional breakfast.
This drink is most popular during the colder months and around the holidays as it has a great calming and warm taste and temperature. You can enjoy this snuggled in a blanket in front of a warm fire.
Enjoy this drink when winding down for bed. It's soothing vanilla flavor hits the spot. You can enjoy this for any brunch, or girls get together for a splash of fun color and flavorful drink.
Made with three simple ingredients and a drop of red food coloring, you can make this recipe in no time at all. All you need is your favorite milk, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. A sweet milk you will instantly fall in love with.
This hot drink is delicious just like our other drinks Oat Milk Hot Chocolate, and Pink Beetroot Latte. Just like these drinks, this can be made with milk alternatives making them the perfect dairy free or vegan drinks.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Creamy texture: We love how this recipe has a smooth, creamy texture that can be very enjoyable to drink or use in recipes.
- Sweet flavor: This drink has a sweet and can be a good substitute for dairy milk in sweet dishes that require a milky flavor.
- Nutrient content: It's always a bonus when a recipe has health benefits. This drink is fortified with vitamins and minerals, making it a healthy alternative to dairy milk.
- Vegan-friendly: You can make this with plant-based milk alternatives, which makes for a good choice for people who are dairy free or follow a vegan diet.
- Versatile: You can use this drink in so many different ways, including as a coffee creamer, to make smoothies, and in recipes for baked goods and desserts.
- Milk- We used dairy milk while making this recipe but to make this vegan and dairy free you can use your favorite milk alternative like Almond, Oat, Coconut, or Soy milk.
- Sugar- Granulated white sugar is the perfect sweetener for this sweet milk drink.
- Vanilla extract- Adding a little vanilla extract ties the milk and sugar together to give a smooth and creamy taste.
- Pink food coloring- Or red! This is totally optional and just gives the drink a fun look. It does not add any additional flavor so if you leave it out, it won't be missed.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Add your choice of milk to a saucepan. Sprinkle the sugar into the milk and mix together until it dissolves.
2. Next add in a few drops of red or pink food coloring to give the milk that fun angel milk look.
3. Once mixed together, add in the vanilla and stir again.
4. Bring the pot of flavored and colored milk to a low simmer until it begins to froth. This won't take long!
5. Pour into an individual glass and enjoy a tasty vanilla steamer, flavored milk.
Hint: Don't walk away from your saucepan! I walked away for just a minute and came back and the foam had grown spilling over the sides. It made a big pink mess!
You don't have to follow this recipe exactly. Make it your own!
- Almond Extract- Switch out the vanilla for almond extract for a delicious twist!
- Almond Milk - instead of Dairy milk, make this dairy free by using almond milk. substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
- Oat Milk - Oat milk has a super creamy texture and is a great substitution for the milk used in this recipe.
- Coconut Milk- Though coconut milk will add it's own flavor, you can substitute coconut milk instead of dairy milk at a 1:1 ratio.
- No Food Coloring- If you can't have dye, or just don't want to add it in, you can use no food coloring for the same results. It doesn't effect the flavor.
- Whipped Cream- Top with your favorite whipped cream for added creamy goodness. You can also use a dairy alternative.
- Peppermint- Instead of vanilla, making this a peppermint steamer during the Christmas season by using peppermint extract. Or you could take out the vanilla and the sugar and use a our Peppermint Syrup which will add a sweet and peppermint flavor.
- Brown Sugar-Instead of vanilla and sugar, use our Brown sugar simple syrup to add a simple yet tasty flavor.
- Caramel Syrup- For a caramel milk steamer taste, instead of adding the vanilla extract and sugar add our tasty and easy to make caramel syrup.
- Different Color- Make this a different color by adding a drop of your favorite color instead of the pink or red dye.
- Cinnamon- Top the foam with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Sprinkles- Add sprinkles for a fun garnish! Depending on what season you are making this in you can use holiday sprinkles or you can use stars or gold sprinkles.
- You can sweeten this as much as you'd like. If you want it sweeter, add a little extra sugar. If you want it less sweet, half the sugar.
- This recipe goes fast! You won't want to walk away from the simmering saucepan. It can easily go over the sides of the saucepan and it will make a big pink mess you won't want to clean up.
- We love how this tastes like a copycat vanilla steamer from Starbucks. It's a great copycat
- Easily make this hot drink in the microwave instead of the stovetop. Microwave until the desired temperature. Microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals. Use a hand frother to get that frothy look.
- The best milk to use is full-fat dairy milk. But you can use any milk that fits you, especially if you have dairy intolerances.
How to Serve this Recipe
- Make it a ladies night with this tasty Angel Milk Recipe. Add it with our chocolate covered cashew clusters, or make our dessert charcuterie board.
- Drink this on a cold winter night during the cooler months.
- Enjoy as a bed time drink to help sooth your mind and relax for the evening.
- Make it in the morning to help start your day without using caffeine like coffee or tea.
For this simple 3 ingredient recipe you will only need a sauce pan and a glass cup. If you want a frothy drink and didn't get that frothy look from boiling, use a hand frother
This recipe is best consumed right when you make it. It doesn't store well and it's not recommended to reheat already heated milk.
Make this your own by using your favorite type of milk and flavor it anyway you'd like with vanilla, almond, or peppermint extract. The possibilities are limitless!
Angel Milk is a sweet milk drink that's also colored pink. It's similar in taste to a vanilla steamer from Starbucks, so it makes a great copycat recipe. This drink is made with three simple ingredients, milk, sugar, and vanilla and has a tasty frothy top. It's great for girls night, brunches, and holidays like Christmas morning, or Valentine's day. It has been joked on Tiktok that this drink will make you poop or have intense side effects. This is all to get attention unless you are lactose intolerant then you will have a reaction to the milk.
Absolutely. The recommended milk is full-fat dairy milk. It has the best froth. We've also tried it with almond and oat milk with tasty results. You can make this vegan or dairy free by using your favorite milk alternative.
Yes! Add more or less sugar to Angel Milk depending on how sweet you like your milk. You can also skip the sugar and use a flavored syrup lie brown sugar, caramel, vanilla, or peppermint simple syrups.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Angel Milk:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop pink food coloring optional
To Serve Cold:
- Whisk together cold milk, sugar, vanilla and food coloring (if using). Serve immediately.
To Serve Warm:
- Whisk together milk, sugar, vanilla and food coloring (if using) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until milk begins to steam. Use a frother to create foam, if desired. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
- For a pink drink with white foam, follow the serve warm instructions but don't add the food coloring. Pour the steamed and frothed milk into a cup, reserving the foam. Whisk in the food coloring then top with the foam.