Learn how to make the newest TikTok challenge Angel Milk with this tasty and creamy recipe. A perfect way to start the day, or drink on a cold winter day. Make up a delicious cup of this warm and frothy drink to go with your breakfast.
This drink is most popular during the colder months and around the holidays as it has a great calming and warm taste and temperature. You can enjoy this snuggled in a blanket in front of a warm fire.
This hot drink is delicious just like our other drinks Oat Milk Hot Chocolate, and Pink Beetroot Latte. Just like these drinks, this can be made with milk alternatives making them the perfect dairy free or vegan drinks.
Below is a list of ingredients needed for this recipe. Follow our tips on each ingredient for best results.
- Milk- We used dairy milk while making this recipe but to make this vegan and dairy free you can use your favorite milk alternative like Almond, Oat, Coconut, or Soy milk. As we recipe tested, we found dairy milk and Almond milk to be our favorites to use.
- Sugar- Granulated white sugar is the perfect sweetener for this sweet milk drink.
- Vanilla extract- Adding a little vanilla extract ties the milk and sugar together to give a smooth and creamy taste.
- Pink food coloring- Or red! This is totally optional and just gives the drink a fun look. It does not add any additional flavor so if you leave it out, it won't be missed.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Angel Milk
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with texture and be a visual guide for best results.
- Add your choice of milk to a saucepan. Sprinkle the sugar into the milk and mix together until it dissolves.
2. Next add in a few drops of red or pink food coloring to give the milk that fun angel milk look.
3. Once mixed together, add in the vanilla and stir again.
4. Bring the pot of flavored and colored milk to a low simmer until it begins to froth. This won't take long!
5. Pour into an individual glass and enjoy a tasty vanilla steamer, flavored milk.
Hint: Don't walk away from your saucepan! I walked away for just a minute and came back and the foam had grown spilling over the sides. It made a big pink mess!
Substitutions and Variations
You don't have to follow this recipe exactly. Make it your own!
- Almond Extract- Switch out the vanilla for almond extract for a delicious twist!
- Almond, Oat or Coconut Milk - instead of Dairy milk, make this dairy free by using almond, oat or coconut milk. substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
- No Food Coloring- If you can't have dye, or just don't want to add it in, you can use no food coloring for the same results. It doesn't effect the flavor.
- Whipped Cream- Top with your favorite whipped cream for added creamy goodness. You can also use a dairy alternative.
- Caramel Syrup- For a caramel milk steamer taste, instead of adding the vanilla extract and sugar add our tasty and easy to make caramel syrup.
- Different Color- Make this a different color by adding a drop of your favorite color instead of the pink or red dye.
We tested this recipe many times to get it just right. Read some of our best tips below.
- You can sweeten this as much as you'd like. If you want it sweeter, add a little extra sugar. If you want it less sweet, half the sugar.
- This recipe goes fast! You won't want to walk away from the simmering saucepan. It can easily go over the sides of the saucepan and it will make a big pink mess you won't want to clean up.
- We love how this tastes like a copycat vanilla steamer from Starbucks. It's a great copycat recipe.
- Easily make this hot drink in the microwave instead of the stovetop. Microwave until the desired temperature. Microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals. Use a hand frother to get that frothy look.
- The best milk to use is full-fat dairy milk. But you can use any milk that fits you, especially if you have dairy intolerances.
How to Serve Angel Milk
Drink this on a cold winter night during the cooler months.
Enjoy as a bed time drink to help sooth your mind and relax for the evening.
Make it in the morning to help start your day without using caffeine like coffee or tea.
This recipe is best consumed right when you make it. It doesn't store well and it's not recommended to reheat already heated milk.
Make this your own by using your favorite type of milk and flavor it anyway you'd like with vanilla, almond, or peppermint extract. The possibilities are limitless!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Angel Milk:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop pink food coloring optional
To Serve Cold:
- Whisk together cold milk, sugar, vanilla and food coloring (if using). Serve immediately.
To Serve Warm:
- Whisk together milk, sugar, vanilla and food coloring (if using) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until milk begins to steam. Use a frother to create foam, if desired. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
- For a pink drink with white foam, follow the serve warm instructions but don't add the food coloring. Pour the steamed and frothed milk into a cup, reserving the foam. Whisk in the food coloring then top with the foam.
- We recommend drinking this immediately, especially if making it hot. To store, store in the refrigerator and reheat in a saucepan when ready to drink.
- Feel free to leave out the food coloring. This drink tastes the same and does not need the food coloring for anything other than it's pink color.
- Be careful not to leave this unattended. One of the times when I was testing this recipe I walked away for just a minute and the milk had heated up and began to foam and I had a big pink mess all over my stove.