You can now make your favorite Starbucks drink at home with this DIY Starbucks Pink Drink Copycat. Indulge in this homemade vegan drink recipe made with the best ingredients. We all love a DIY refresher and this blended goodness is no exception.
Lucky for you, with this easy to follow recipe you can enjoy this pink starburst drink venti or grande right at home! Enjoy this any time of the year for a quick pick me during the day. It even fits a keto diet.
If you want to make any adjustments, make sure to look at our variations and substitutions for ideas. You can always make it sweeter, or creamier based on your preferences.
- Tazo passionfruit tea- This is a caffeine free tea found in most tea sections of the grocery store. You can easily substitute it for more juice instead.
- White Cran Strawberry Juice- We really love the taste and look that this gives the drink.
- Coconut milk- This vegan based cream is what makes this drink so popular, because it's plant-based. You can also try other nut milks like almond, or oat. But we love the coconut flavor you get with the coconut milk.
- Fresh Strawberries- Fresh strawberries is what gives the drink it's iconic flavor and look.
- Simple syrup- You can use granulated sugar instead to give the drink the sweetness you want. During our recipe testing we found that the drink turned out better when made with simple syrup versus granulated sugar.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Starbucks Pink Drink
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with texture and be a visual guide for best results.
- Make the tea and add it to the bottom of the glass.
2. Pour in the white cran strawberry juice and mix together.
3. Next pour in the coconut milk and mix altogether. You will get a beautiful pink drink color.
4. Add in ice, simple syrup, and crushed strawberries and enjoy!
Hint: Test the drink before adding any sweetener. Then add a small amount at time until you get the sweetness you're looking for.
Dragon Drink vs. Pink Drink
The Dragon Drink is a newer version of the original Pink Drink. They both have a similar look as they both are a bright pink color. This recipe is made with a strawberry base while the Dragon Drink has a mango and dragon fruit base. It's more of tropical drink. Both of the drinks have a coconut milk base.
This drink is naturally gluten free and vegan. Below are some suggestions to mess around with the flavors to make it just right for you.
- Frozen Strawberries- instead of fresh strawberries, use frozen strawberries. You may want to skip the ice if you use this option.
- Strawberry Juice - Instead of cran strawberry juice, try using strawberry juice. This is a little more difficult to find.
- White Grape Juice - Use white grape juice instead of cran strawberry juice.
- Almond Milk or Oat Milk- Almond or oat milk can be used instead of coconut milk in a pinch, but it will be missing that signature flavor from the coconut.
While recipe testing we tried it with other ingredients, different types of juice, regular milk, etc. and it was still delicious. For that signature true copycat taste, make sure to follow the recipe.
If you don't mind it not being vegan, you can use heavy whipping cream, or any style of milk you would like.
Sweeten with your favorite sweetener, whether that be a simple syrup, or granulated sugar. You can also do a strawberry syrup, coconut syrup or vanilla syrup for added flavor.
This doesn't have the original green coffee extract but it can be added in if you want it.
How to Serve Pink Drink
Drink this as a fun solo drink to enjoy a cool refreshing drink on a hot summer day, or you can sip this pool side with a bowl of Mango Habanero Salsa and chips.
Store in the refrigerator if not drinking right away. This drink is best if made and consumed right away. If you do wait, make sure to stir because the juices and milks will separate.
This recipe does not freeze well.
This recipe is very versatile! Make it your own with whatever ingredients you have on hand. It will still taste amazing if you use a different flavor of juice or try out a different kind of milk. However, for that true Starbucks Pink Drink Copycat, make sure to follow the recipe.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Starbucks Pink Drink Copycat
- ½ cup Tazo passionfruit tea this can easily be substituted for more juice
- ½ cup White Cran Strawberry Juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup strawberries ½ crushed
- 1-2 Tablespoons simple syrup this can easily be substituted with granulated sugar
- Make the passionfruit tea according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Chop ¼ cup strawberries, and crush half of them. Place on the bottom of a cup. Measure in the tea, juice and coconut milk and stir to combine. Add simple syrup to taste (you may find this sweet enough without any) and stir to combine. Mix in ice and remaining strawberries and enjoy!
- If you can't find the passion tea, you may substitute it with more juice.
- If you substitute the passion tea for more juice, leave out the simple syrup at the end or it will be too sweet.
- When purchased at Starbucks, this drink has green coffee in it, which can be added if desired. Add ½ teaspoon green coffee powder.
- Use a bit of granulated sugar instead of the simple syrup, if desired. The texture is a little better with simple syrup, but granulated sugar will work in a pinch.
- A lot of these ingredients can be added more or less to preferred taste. I love this drink with a few extra mashed strawberries.
- Store in the refrigerator and make sure to give it a stir before drinking again, as it will separate. We found that we liked it best prepared fresh rather than sitting for awhile.
Yes, when purchased from Starbucks it contains green coffee extract. Make at home and control what ingredients you put in. This recipe lets you enjoy the flavors without the added caffeine.
A mixture of strawberries, strawberry juice, coconut milk, and passionfruit tea.
To but this drink at Starbucks, it cost anywhere from 4.65-5.95 depending on the size you get and where you live. If you make it at home, you can make it for a fraction of the cost and you can make much more.
It tastes like strawberries accented with coconut and a little tang from the passionfruit and juice.