In the summer I'm always looking for a great way to feed my family without the oven and in as little time as possible. We are always running to the next family event, and I love it! I love Asian Chopped Chicken salad. It has a great taste and fun to make. So let's make it even easier? A wrap! Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Wrap is a great quick meal. Perfect for any picnic, easy dinner at home, or meal on the go!
Quick and Easy
This meal is the definition of quick and easy. A quick chop of ingredients, putting it all in a single bowl. Mixing the dressing together and pouring over the top then wrapping it all together in your favorite wrap. It's quick, it's easy and it's oh so delicious.
It's always great when you don't have to use the oven and even better when you can make a meal in less than 20 minutes. Icing on the cake? It's even easy clean up!
How to make Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Wrap
Making Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Wraps is so quick and easy. Your first prep work will be chopping and shredding all those veggies and chicken. With a knife chop purple cabbage, green onions, and cilantro.
To shred the chicken, I either use a cooked chicken breast and shred it in my stand mixer ( this is my favorite chicken shredding method) or I use canned chicken. I rinse and strain the canned chicken and with clean hands, shred the chicken.
Shredding chicken in a stand mixer is simple. Place your cooked chicken breast in the bottom of the stand mixer and let the paddle do the heavy work.
My favorite way to shred carrots is with a mini food processor. You can chop your carrots with a knife and it will still be delicious, but I love the texture and size of the carrots when shredded in a mini food processor.
Next, with all your ingredients chopped and shredded put them all in a large bowl and mix together.
Now it's time to make the Ginger Sesame Dressing. I love this dressing so much. It has the perfect flavor. I love when I get to use rice vinegar.
This dressing is so easy. Simply put all the ingredients in some kind of airtight container, a mason jar, a salad dressing mixer, or a small plastic container. Mix vigorously. This dressing loves to separate so make sure to really shake it up!
Pour the prepared dressing over your Asian Chopped Chicken Salad and mix all together.
Place ½ cup of finished salad in the center of your favorite wrap. Fold together and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
In a pinch, I use canned chicken. I love having canned chicken on hand for quick and easy meals. It taste delicious and you don't have to use extra time to cook chicken. I rinse my canned chicken in a strainer before using.
Wait to put the chow mein noodles in the salad until right before you are ready to serve. They will get soggy if you put them in too early. I even will set aside a portion of the salad I know will be leftovers and wait to put the chow mein noodles in until ready to eat.
This dressing loves to separate! I have had a lot of success making it in a mason jar with a tight lid or even a plastic container with an airtight lid. Be prepared to shake, shake, shake right before pouring it over your chicken salad.
Storing Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Wrap
Store this Asian Chopped Chicken Salad in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. If waiting to serve some time after making it, store the dressing in the refrigerator as well.
Other quick and easy meals
Here are some other quick and easy meals with little prep, no oven, but delicious results!
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Wrap
- Mixing Bowl
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chicken shredded
- ⅓ cup carrots shredded
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 3 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups purple cabbage chopped
- ⅓ cup chow mein noodles
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 large wraps
Ginger Sesame Dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic about 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
- Chop or shred chicken, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and purple cabbage. Put all chopped and shredded ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Mix in chow mein noodles, slivered almonds, salt and pepper.
- Pour in Ginger Sesame dressing and mix until fully distributed.
- Pace ½ cup chicken salad in the center of a wrap. Fold two sides over and roll the wrap up.
- Ginger Sesame Dressing
- In a salad dressing mixer place all ingredients and mix. Shake vigorously to insure everything mixes together.
- Don't have a salad dressing mixer? I have used a mason jar with a airtight lid or a plastic container with an airtight lid.
- Not serving right away? Wait to put the chow mein noodles in so they don't get soggy.
- If you know you are going to have leftovers, put your extra portion to the side and don't put the chow mein noodles in until ready to serve.
- Don't Hesitate to adjust the salt and pepper as preferred.