Be prepared to make this fantastic and delicious Chick Fil-a copycat recipe, Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing. You can make this tasty dressing at home and top any salad, grilled chicken, or tacos to enhance the meal. We all love this quick and easy dressing.
This Chick Fil-a Avocado Lime Ranch dupe recipe is the perfect summer dressing or side dish. It goes great with any bbq or cookout, especially around memorial day, and 4th of July.
When you make this on your own, from scratch, you can be sure to know exactly what you're putting in your body, and know the calories it has in it. It will give you a peace of mind when making dinner for the family.
I loved adding this to a fresh green summer salad. It added so much flavor! I felt like it was the perfect copycat recipe, without having to put in too much effort. My family makes this often and we always love it.
Be sure to try our other avocado inspired recipes and cremas like Avocado Crema, Cilantro Lime Crema, and Smoky Red Pepper Crema.
We love a good copycat recipe, so be sure to try our Wingstop Ranch recipe, and our Chick Fil-a Mac and Cheese.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy- Who doesn't love a dressing you can make from scratch in less than 5 minutes. I made this minutes before serving a salad and it was a family favorite.
- Versatile- You can drizzle this on anything! We love adding this to a fresh green salad with chicken, grilled chicken, or even tacos.
- Vegan/Dairy Free Option- Use a vegan plain greek yogurt, instead of Mexican Crema, for a vegan and dairy free option!
- Gluten Free- The ingredients used in this sauce are all gluten free.
- Great for Parties- You can have this as an option for a salad bar, or use it at your next Cinco De Mayo party for tacos, quesadillas and more. It's finger licking good!
This recipe uses tasty fresh ingredients. You can find most of these at your local grocery store.
- Avocado- A ripe avocado will make for a smoother and tastier recipe.
- Mexican Crema- This is found in most dairy sections of many grocery stores. You can also substitute it with Greek yogurt, sour cream or mayo.
- Ranch mix- Use either a hidden valley ranch packet, or use all purpose ranch seasoning found in spice and herb section.
- Lime- Getting a fresh lime will really enhance the flavor of this recipe. You can also use it for the lime zest.
- Cumin- This spice is the perfect flavor to add to any Mexican flavored dish.
- Salt- Regular table salt is all you need to help enhance the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Minced garlic- A fresh minced garlic clove adds the perfect punch of flavor
- Water or milk- If your dressing isn't thin enough, milk and water will help you get that consistency you are wanting.
- Jalapeno- This is optional, but will add a tasty flavor and heat to the dressing.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Start by zesting the lime.
2. Add a sliced and peeled avocado to a food processor or blender.
3. Next add the Mexican Crema, garlic, and spices with the avocado.
4. Blend until smooth. There shouldn't be any chunks.
5. If wanting a thinner consistency, add a tablespoon of milk or water at a time and whisk. Don't blend again!
4.Enjoy this tasty dressing drizzled on your favorite salads.
Hint: Transfer the ranch into a bowl and stir in the milk until desired consistency is reached. I tried to make it thin using the blender, which ended up thickening the Mexican Crema as it tried to turn to butter. Stirring it in is a much better option.
Try out these substitutions to help better fit the needs of your family. You may want to add more flavor, or adjust to dietary needs.
- Lime Juice- Instead of using a fresh lime, you can use lime juice. This is great to use in a pinch.
- Greek Yogurt- Substitute plain greek yogurt for Mexican Crema at a 1:1 ratio.
- Mayo-Instead of Mexican Cream, use may at a 1:1 ratio.
- Sour Cream- Sour cream can be used instead of the crema at a 1:1 ratio.
- Vegan/ Dairy Free Plain yogurt- To help make this a dairy free and vegan salad dressing, be sure to use plain vegan or dairy free yogurt instead of crema. Use at a 1:1 ratio.
Here are a few suggestions to help make this dressing unique and tasty. We love adding a couple extra ingredients to enhance the flavor.
- Spicy - Add red pepper flakes at the end, 1 teaspoon at a time to add extra spice to the dressing.
- Jalapeño- This optional pepper is a perfect way to add flavor and spice.
- Cilantro- If you love the taste of cilantro, then you will want to add a small bunch of cilantro to when blending together.
- For a quick and convenient dish, use frozen avocado. Make sure to thaw before using.
- I found the best way to thin this dressing is to add a tablespoon of milk at a time. Whisk together until it is the consistency you want. Don't blend it in the blender again, it actually thickens it more.
- We loved eating this on vegan tacos! Try making it with a vegan yogurt substitute to make this a vegan style dish.
- If you need to, use a mixture of sour cream, Mexican Crema, and greek yogurt.
How to Serve
- This copycat Chick Fil-A salad dressing taste so good on veggie packed salads. Add shrimp, chicken, steak, or hard boiled eggs for some added protein. It pairs great with the dressing.
- Try making this with our sweet potato black bean burritos, or drizzling it on enchiladas.
- This is a fresh dressing that would taste great with a 4th of July spread or a Cinco De Mayo celebration. It's a really versatile recipe.
- I love serving this on our families Taco Tuesday. We love it on air fryer tacos, and Arepa Con Quesos.
For best results, make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing with a Food Processor or high speed blender. You want to make this as smooth as you can to mimic that Chick Fil-a Dressing you love.
You can refrigerate this recipe for up to 2 weeks.
Freezing is not recommended! Dairy does not thaw well. If you do freeze, before serving, thaw and then re-blend to help maintain the right texture.
Stir in the extra liquid by hand or with a wire whisk if you need to thin the dressing. We found this to be the easiest way to control the texture of the dressing.
Unfortunately, you can't buy this tasty dressing at local grocery stores. Fortunately, you can easily make this copycat version with a few simple ingredients. Using avocados, Mexican crema, ranch seasoning, and lime, you can recreate this tasty dressing.
This simple dressing can be easily made by adding to a blender, ripe avocados, Mexican crema (or greek yogurt or sour cream), fresh limes, ranch seasoning, and a few spices like cumin, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth.
This easy copycat recipe gives you step by step instructions on how to make this tasty dressing from scratch, at home. Add together the avocado, ranch seasoning, garlic, cumin, and lime to a food processor. Then add the Mexican crema and blend until smooth.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing:
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 Food Processor or blender
- 1 avocado ripe
- ½ cup Mexican Crema or Greek yogurt, sour cream or mayo
- 2 Tablespoons ranch mix
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 zest from one lime
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼-1/2 cup water or milk
- 1 jalapeno optional, with or without seeds, depending on heat preferences.
- Peel and pit the avocado. Zest and juice limes. Place all ingredients in a food processor high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Serve cold.
- the Mexican Crema can be substituted by any combination of all or part plain Greek yogurt, sour cream and mayo.
- Refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Freezing is not recommended. If you do freeze, allow to defrost then place in the blender again to combine.
- We highly recommend making with the jalapeno. It adds the perfect flavor and a little kick of spice
- This is also great with a small handful of cilantro.
- I found it easiest to stir in the liquid by hand, when thinning to the proper consistency.
I have been trying to find a place to buy this with zero luck! I'm so happy to have this homemade recipe to make a great copycat chick fil-a avocado lime ranch dressing. My family loved it.
This is the best copycat chick fila avocado lime ranch dressing i've ever had!