These are the perfect appetizer or hors d'oeuvres for any party or gathering during the holidays. Brie and Jam Puff Pastry Bites have a lightly crisp, ultra flaky exterior with a little pop of jam and creamy brie. They are incredibly versatile and easy to switch up with anything you have on hand. These little bites of heaven are a total crowd pleaser and are quick and easy to make too!
While these are good any time of year, they are particularly great during the winter months!
This was inspired by our Asparagus Wrapped in Puff Pastry, and would be great with Caramel Apple Pie or Oreo Trifle for dessert. Or add it to your entertaining lineup with our Cookie Dough Dip with Greek Yogurt, and Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. You can also pair them with Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers and Bacon Wrapped Dates.
We love brie! Try this other tasty brie recipe, Garlic and Herb Baked Brie.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- brie cheese
- orange zest
See recipe card for quantities.
Roll out thawed puff pastry sheets and cut each one into 24 pieces. Prick each piece with a fork.
Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. I used an olive oil spray. Place one puff pastry piece in each muffin slot. Push it in slightly, but don't push hard and flatten the puff pastry.
Add a piece of brie to each puff pastry.
Next add the jam and any toppings. Top the cranberry with rosemary, the apricot with walnuts and the fig with orange zest. Then sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the top.
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until puffy and golden brown.
The world is your oyster with these! You can try different cheeses, jams and toppings. For these recipes easy trades could include: cashews or pistachios instead of walnuts, thyme instead of rosemary. Or get creative and go for Raspberry jam with hazelnuts or mint.
- Sweet- honey or chocolate with berries.
- Spicy- chili peppers and pomegranate jam, or just jalapeno jelly and brie
- Savory- parmesan and pesto or brie and summer sausage
A mini muffin tin
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer. Reheating in the microwave will cause them to mush and is not recommended.
Freezing isn't recommended.
Don't stress or worry about perfection with these. These Brie and Jam Puff Pastry Bites are a quick easy appetizer and look amazing when they aren't perfect.
Don't have a mini muffin tin? Don't worry! You can make these in full size muffin tins. Simply cut each sheet into 6 instead of 24, then multiply the amounts of the brie, jams and toppings by 4. Bake an additional 5+ minutes, still until golden brown.
Brie and Jam Puff Pastry Bites
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 8 ounces brie cut into 48 pieces
- .25 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup about 3 oz cranberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup fig jam
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Roll out thawed puff pastry. Using a knife cut into 24 pieces. Prick each piece with a fork
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Put a piece of puff pastry in each muffin slot.
- Place a piece of brie at the bottom of each puff pastry. Top with jam and other toppings. Cranberry with rosemary, apricot with walnuts and fig with orange zest. Then sprinkle all lightly with sea salt. See photos above for a great visual.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.