Get ready for Hot Girl Summer Salad, the refreshing and tasty viral tiktok recipe made with cucumber, bell pepper, pepperoncini, red onion, eggs and more. Whether you're looking for a light lunch or a flavorful side dish, this vegetarian salad is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling energized and refreshed.
This is the perfect salad for a busy weekday that's full of nutrients and protein. To see the original TikTok viral video, look here. It's a great meal prep dish with fresh ingredients.
This salad is incredibly easy to make and requires minimal effort in the kitchen, making it an ideal option for busy weeknights or weekend gatherings. A quick large salad to make the perfect summer meal.
We have other delicious tasting salads like our Jennifer Aniston Salad, and our easy Korean cucumber salad. Bring on the warm weather with these flavorful dishes.
Or pair it with this tasty Traeger Brisket. A great summer time meal.
Why We Love this Recipe
- Viral- It's always fun to experiment and try viral videos. This recipe is no exception. We love this salad and all the flavors it brings.
- Refreshing-Perfect for the warm spring and summer months, a great recipe that doesn't require the oven. It's a cool refreshing meal.
- Meal Prep- This can be easily made for meal prep and eaten throughout the week for a quick and easy high in vitamins meal. Just wait to add the dressing until the day of for best results!
- Main Meal or Side Dish- This can either be used as a main meal, as it makes a large portion, or you can serve it as a side dish. This would pair great with a cook out.
- Fresh Ingredients- We always love recipes that use fresh ingredients and this is no exception. Fresh cut veggies add all the color and flavor you need in your diet.
This recipe uses delicious fresh ingredients that give tasty nutrients and flavor. The combination of spices adds a great dressing that pairs great with the vegetables and hard boiled eggs.
- Cucumber- A medium cucumber is perfect for this recipe. If you aren't a fan of cucumber seeds, you can deseed the cucumber.
- Green bell pepper- This is an easy access bell pepper packed with flavor. You can also use red, orange, or yellow peppers.
- Pepperoncini- Sliced pepperoncini are perfect for this recipe. They are a mild and add a great flavor. We love this brand.
- Red onion- Red onions are a tasty addition that add a mild kick. You can also use yellow or white onions but have a slightly different taste than red onions.
- Eggs- Eggs add a great vegetarian protein. Hard boiled eggs are versatile and add flavor, texture, and protein.
- Sunflower seeds- An added garnish to add a light crunch and taste. This can easily be omitted for allergy and taste preferences.
- Garlic powder and Paprika- These spices enhance the flavors of the vegetables while adding their own great taste.
- Zesty Italian dressing- The dressing that goes with this salad is a zesty flavor that brings all the tastes together. It adds a punch of flavor while not diminishing the tastes of the other vegetables. You can adjust how much you use based on your taste preferences.
See recipe card for quantities.
- In a large bowl combine the fresh cut vegetables.
2. Sprinkle on the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add the chopped hard boil eggs, sunflower seeds, and Zesty Italian Dressing.
4. Lightly mix together until the ingredients are well incorporated and evenly mixed.
Hint: You can make this salad ahead, up to 2 days, for a great meal prep meal. Make sure you don't add the dressing if you aren't serving right a way. This helps the vegetables stay fresh.
You can use it as a tasty side dish. It pairs great with grilled meats, and seafood.
Try these tasty substitutions to make this recipe your own. They can also help with any dietary needs you may have.
- Vegan- To make this a vegan option, omit the hard boiled eggs. You still will get tasty results.
- Fat-Free Italian Dressing - If you are looking for less fat in your diet, use a fat free Italian Dressing. Zesty Italian and Fat Free Italian Dressings can be substituted at a 1:1 ratio.
- Jalapeño- For a spicer version, instead of using mild pepperoncini's, try sliced jalapeños.
- Colored Bell Peppers- While this recipe calls for green bell peppers, you can add your favorite colored bell peppers for added flavor and color. We love mixing in red bell peppers where we can.
Mix things up with these fun variations. Add extra flavor or try something new.
- Spicy -Add red pepper flakes when you add the paprika and garlic powder for an added kick.
- Quinoa-Try adding in a cup of cooked quinoa for extra protein and texture.
For best results, you will need the following equipment:
- Large Mixing Bowl- For mixing all the ingredients together. A large mixing bowl will help to not spill the ingredients over the edge.
- Sharp Knife- This will be needed to chop all of the vegetables.
- Mixing Spoon- To better mix the ingredients, use a large mixing spoon.
Once the vegetables are combined with the Zesty Italian Dressing, Hot Girl Summer Salad should be consumed within 2 days. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
This salad does not freeze well. The texture of the vegetables will not stand.
Make this as a meal prep meal and store the seasoned vegetables separately from the dressing. When ready to eat, add a portion of the dressing on the amount of salad you wish to eat to help the rest of the salad from spoiling quickly.
This recipe uses cucumber, red onion, bell peppers, pepperoncini, hard boiled eggs, and zesty Italian dressing. It also has a few spices for flavor, like paprika and garlic powder.
Most salads typically include fresh vegetables like lettuce, cucumber, red onion, or tomatoes. They also include a way to season the vegetables like a salad dressing.
Once the vegetables are combined with the dressing, this recipe will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 days in an air tight container.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Hot Girl Summer Salad:
Hot Girl Summer Salad (tiktok recipe)
- 1 cucumber medium/large, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- ⅓ cup pepperoncinis sliced
- ¼ red onion
- 3 eggs hard boiled, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika smoked if possible
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian dressing use more or less, to taste
- Chop the cucumber, bell pepper, pepperoncinis and boiled eggs. Finely chop the onion. Place together in a bowl.
- Measure in the sunflower seeds, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to combine thoroughly. Top with Zesty Italian dressing and enjoy!
- This tiktok salad is meant to be eaten as a full meal. You can easily serve this as a side dish and serve 6 people.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and eat within 1 day.
- It is not recommended to freeze this salad.
- Make ahead (up to 2 days): Chop the vegetables and place together in a bowl, mix together the spices and store separately. Before serving, toss together the veggies with the spices, then top with the dressing.
Hot girl summer salad is such a good meal prep meal. I've also made this for lunch and it was the perfect size, very filling. I love when viral tiktok recipes are worth trying and making again.
Loved making this tasty salad. Perfect for the warm weather months. I'm always skeptical of viral tiktok recipes so thanks for testing it out for me!